Terms and Conditions of Use
By accessing and/or using ActiveBidder.com, you indicate your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
1. LAWS AND REGULATIONS. Access to and use of this Site are subject to all applicable international, federal, state and local laws and regulations. User agrees not to use the Site in any way which violates such laws or regulations.
2. COPYRIGHT AND TRADEMARKS. The information available on or through this Site is the property of ActiveBidder.com, and is protected by copyright, trademark, and other intellectual property laws. Users may not modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, publish, sell, license, create derivative works or otherwise use any information available on or through this Site for commercial or public purposes. Users may not use the trademarks, logos and service marks ("Marks") for any purpose including, but not limited to use as "hot links" or meta tags in other pages or sites on the World Wide Web without the written permission of ActiveBidder.com.
3. TAMPERING. User agrees not to modify, move, add to, delete or otherwise tamper with the information contained in the ActiveBidder.com application site. User also agrees not to decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble or unlawfully use or reproduce any of the software, copyrighted or trademarked material, trade secrets, or other proprietary information contained in the Site.
4. THIRD PARTY INFORMATION. Although ActiveBidder.com monitors the information on the Site, some of the information is supplied by independent third parties. While ActiveBidder.com makes every effort to insure the accuracy of all application information on the Site, ActiveBidder.com makes no warranty as to the accuracy of any such information provided by third parties using the site.
5. LINKS TO THIRD PARTY SITES. This Site may contain links that will let you access other Web sites that are not under the control of ActiveBidder.com. The links are only provided as a convenience and ActiveBidder.com does not endorse any of these sites. ActiveBidder.com assumes no responsibility or liability for any material that may be accessed on other Web sites reached through this Site, nor does ActiveBidder.com make any representation regarding the quality of any product or service contained at any such site.
6. LINKS FROM THIRD PARTY SITES. ActiveBidder.com prohibits unauthorized links to the Site and the framing of any information contained on the site or any portion of the Site. ActiveBidder.com reserves the right to disable any unauthorized links or frames. ActiveBidder.com has no responsibility or liability for any material on other Web sites that may contain links to this Site.
7. NO WARRANTIES. Information and documents provided on this Site are provided "as is" without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including without limitation warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement. ActiveBidder.com uses reasonable efforts to include accurate and up-to-date information on this Site; it does not, however, make any warranties or representations as to its accuracy or completeness. ActiveBidder.com periodically adds, changes, improves, or updates the information and documents on this Site without notice. ActiveBidder.com assumes no liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions in the content of this Site. Your use of this Site is at your own risk.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL ActiveBidder.com BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES SUFFERED BY YOU, INCLUDING ANY INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY LOST PROFITS OR DAMAGES FOR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOSS OF INFORMATION, PROGRAMS OR OTHER DATA) THAT RESULT FROM ACCESS TO, USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE THIS SITE OR DUE TO ANY BREACH OF SECURITY ASSOCIATED WITH THE TRANSMISSION OF INFORMATION THROUGH THE INTERNET, EVEN IF ActiveBidder.com WAS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
9. PRIVACY. Protecting the privacy of our clients and users of our Sites is important to ActiveBidder.com. The ActiveBidder.com Web Site Privacy Statement describes how we use and protect information you provide to us.
10. SECURITY. Data transmitted to and from ActiveBidder.com client Sites having personal information is encrypted for the user's protection. However, the security of information transmitted through the Internet can never be guaranteed. ActiveBidder.com is not responsible for any interception or interruption of any communications through the Internet or for changes to or losses of data. The user is responsible for maintaining the security of any password, user ID, or other form of authentication involved in obtaining access to password protected or secure areas of ActiveBidder.com sites. In order to protect you and your data, ActiveBidder.com may suspend your use of a client site, without notice, pending an investigation, if any breach of security is suspected.
11. TRANSMISSION OF PERSONAL DATA. User acknowledges and agrees that by providing ActiveBidder.com with any personal information through the Site, User consents to the transmission of such personal user information over international borders as necessary for processing in accordance with ActiveBidder.com's standard business practices and the ActiveBidder.com Web Site Privacy Statement.
12. ACCESS TO PASSWORD PROTECTED/SECURE AREAS. Access to and use of password protected and/or secure area of the Site is restricted to authorized users only. Unauthorized access to such areas is prohibited and may lead to criminal prosecution.
13. PROCEDURE FOR MAKING CLAIMS OF COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT. Pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, ActiveBidder.com has registered an agent with the U.S. Copyright Office. Notices of claimed copyright infringement on the Site should be directed to: ActiveBidder.com, 2256 Barry Avenue, Los Angeles, CA, 90064, Attn: Dr. Mark E. Lehr, Operations Officer.
14. JURISDICTION/GOVERNING LAW. These terms and conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Delaware USA, and applicable federal laws without regard to conflicts of law principles. User agrees that any and all proceedings relating to this site and the subject matter contained herein shall be maintained in the courts of the state of Delaware or the federal district courts sitting in Delaware, which courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction for such purpose.
ActiveBidder.com believes that privacy is important to the success and use of the Internet. This statement sets forth ActiveBidder.com's Privacy Statement for ActiveBidder.com powered by OmniPlatform and describes the practices that ActiveBidder.com will follow with respect to the privacy of users of this site. From time to time, we may change this Privacy Statement. For example, as we update and improve our service, new features may require modifications to the Privacy Statement. Accordingly, please check back periodically.
What is personally identifiable information?
"Personally identifiable information" is information about you, such as name, address, e-mail address, user ID, credit card number, social security number, and so on.
How is information collected, used, and disclosed?
We do not collect personal information -- including your e-mail address -- unless we first ask you for it. We may request that you voluntarily supply us with information, including your e-mail address, street address, telephone number or other information so that we may enhance your site visit or follow up with you after your visit. Whether you provide any information is entirely up to you but will be a condition of using the site.
If you have voluntarily provided information, you consented to the collection and use of your personally identifiable information as described in this Privacy Statement. In some circumstances, ActiveBidder.com may share information you voluntarily provide us with trustworthy business partners, but only as necessary to deliver Active Bidder information and other services to our clients or as otherwise instructed by our clients. We do not sell or rent personal information collected through this site to anyone. Also, ActiveBidder.com may provide aggregate statistics about visitors to our sites, such as volume, traffic patterns, and related site information to reputable third-party vendors, but these statistics will include no personally identifying information. ActiveBidder.com may also disclose information in special cases when we have a good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to legal requirements or comply with legal process; (b) protect and defend our rights or property; (c) enforce the Terms and Conditions of use; or (d) act to protect the interests of our users or others.
What are cookies and how are they used?
Some ActiveBidder.com applications, like many other commercial web sites, may utilize a standard technology called "cookies" to collect information about how our site is used. Cookies were designed to help a web site determine that a particular user had visited the site previously and thus save and remember any preferences that may have been set while the user was browsing the site. Cookies are small strings of text that web sites can send to your browser. Cookies cannot retrieve any other data from your hard drive or obtain your e-mail address. If you are simply browsing an ActiveBidder.com informational site, a cookie may be used to identify your browser as one that has visited the site before.
What are your choices regarding collection, use, and distribution of your information?
If you have voluntarily provided information, you consented to the collection and use of your personal information as described in this Privacy Statement. If, in connection with your use of a particular service, we ask to use your data in a way not described in this Privacy Statement and you do not wish to permit that use, you can choose not to use the particular service.
How can I correct, access, and update myinformation?
You may view and edit your registration information at any time by using modifying your account information.
How do we protect your information?
We exercise great care to protect your personally identifiable information. This includes, among other things, using industry standard techniques such as firewalls, encryption, intrusion detection and site monitoring. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personally identifiable information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or receive from us. This is especially true for information you transmit to us via e-mail. We have no way of protecting that information until it reaches us. Once we receive your transmission, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our servers.
Internally, we will restrict access to your personally identifiable information to employees who need access to the information in order to do their jobs. These employees are limited in number, and are committed to our privacy policies.
We will review our security arrangements from time to time as we deem appropriate.
How can you help protect your information?
If you are using an ActiveBidder.com application site for which you registered and choose a password, user ID or other form of authentication, we recommend that you do not divulge this information to anyone. We will never ask you for your password in an unsolicited phone call or in an unsolicited e-mail. Also remember to sign out of the registered site and close your browser window when you have finished your work. This is to ensure that others cannot access your personal information and correspondence if others have access to your computer.
ActiveBidder.com sites may contain links to other sites, including those of our business partners. While we seek to link only to sites that share our high standards and respect for privacy, we are not responsible for the privacy practices employed by other sites.